A Voter who eligible to vote and who may be unavoidably ABSENT FROM THE COUNTY of residence because of his/her duties, occupation, business, vacation, attendance at college, sickness, disability or detention in jail or prison, may obtain and submit an application for an absentee ballot.
The procedure for obtaining an absentee ballot is:
- Obtain and submit an application for an absentee ballot.
- If the ballot will be mailed the application must be received no later than the SEVENTH DAY BEFORE THE ELECTION (May 11, 2021)
- Upon completion of the application, the ballot will be given to the applicant or, in the case of a written request, will be ailed to the applicant.
- Completed ballots MUST BE received by the District Clerk not later than 5:00 PM on the day of the election (May 18, 2021).
Please contact the District Clerk by phone at (607) 547-5364 or by mail 39 Linden Avenue, Cooperstown, NY 13326 for more information or to receive an application.
CANDIDATE VACANCIES FOR SCHOOL BOARD
Petitions nominating candidates for the office of member of the Board of Education must be filed with the Clerk of the District between the hours of 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM not later than April 19, 2021. The following vacancies are to be filled:
- A three-year term (July 2021 - June2024), presently held by Marcy Birch
- A three-year term (July 2021 - June2024), presently held by Anthony Scalici
- A three-year term (July 2021 - June2024), presently held by Matthew Schuermann
NOMINATING PETITION INFORMATION
1. Petition must be signed by at least 25 qualified voters of the CCS District.
2. Petition must be returned to the District Clerk by Monday, April 19, 2021 before 5:00 PM.
3. Order of candidates on the ballot will be determined by lot one day after the final day for filing. This will take place on Tuesday, April 20, 2021 at 9:00 AM in the District’s Business Office. Please let the District Clerk know if you wish to take part in the drawing.
4. All candidates are encouraged to attend the League Of Women Voter Candidate’s Night TBD. (A phone call will be made to you when date is set)
If you have any questions or need further information, contact Mrs. Wendy Lansing, District Clerk, at 547-5364.
The individuals receiving the highest number of votes shall be elected to the vacancies.