The Cooperstown High School Athletic Hall of Fame Committee is pleased to announce that the next Induction ceremony will be held on Friday, Sept. 28, 2018.
This committee recognizes those individuals who, through their accomplishments, have brought pride and distinction to our school and community as an athlete, coach, and administrator or as a contributor to the development and success of the Cooperstown High School Athletic program.
To be eligible candidates must meet the following requirements:
· Election to the Hall of Fame shall be open to persons who have made an outstanding contribution to the school as a superior competitor in athletics, and who last competed at Cooperstown ten or more years prior to the date of induction. (class of 2008 & earlier)
· Male or female participants in any recognized form of sports competition are eligible for nomination. Athletes must be Cooperstown High School graduates.
· Nominees must have demonstrated good citizenship and character in their lives.
· Athletic merits will only be based on their time at Cooperstown.
· A coach, trainer, or administrator shall be considered after leaving the Cooperstown Athletic Department program.
· An outstanding team can be voted into the Hall of Fame as a team inductee, but must also wait until ten years after the team competed last.
· Nominations will be accepted for any athlete, coach, administrator or contributor who through his/her commitment, sacrifices, and dedication to the Cooperstown High School Athletic Program has brought pride and distinction to our school and community.
Nominations shall be received from any Friend of Cooperstown High School Athletics. Nominations must be made in the appropriate format (application form below) to be considered and received no later than Feb. 15, 2018.
Category: District Announcements