Jr./Sr. High Library Media Center
The mission of the school library media program is to support, enhance and lead learning initiatives at Cooperstown Jr./Sr. High School.
Although literacy and reading comprehension remain key focus areas at the Jr./Sr. High School level, the Library Media Center has a vital role honing students’ research skills and preparing them for the intensive studies they will face in college. The Library Media Center encourages traditional research, as well as database-driven methods.
The Library Media Center provides:
- Instructional collaboration with staff to create authentic learning for all students
- Quality resources and instruction to students and staff
- Instruction and practice to become effective users of ideas and information
- Information literacy skills to promote the effective use of technologies inside and outside the classroom
- An awareness of digital citizenship and its importance in today’s information-driven world
- Inspiration for a life-long appreciation of literature and learning both for pleasure and for personal growth