Residents Approve 2018-19 Budget
Residents of Cooperstown Central School District supported a $19.7 million budget for the 2018-19 school year by a vote of 426 to 82. They also approved a bus proposition by a vote of 465 to 40.
As separate and independent library proposition passed by a vote of 417-90.
The budget has a 2.0 percent increase in the tax levy, with an increase in spending of 3.4 percent, or $639,001, over the current year’s budget. Because the proposed tax levy increase of $237,839 meets the tax levy limit, the budget required approval by a simple majority (50 percent plus one) of voters to pass.
A projected state aid increase of 3.8 percent for next year – following a decrease in state aid in the current fiscal year – will allow for all academic and extracurricular programming to be maintained and improved under the spending plan.
Cooperstown Central School District’s 2017-18 budget is $19,061,937.
- Program Budget 2017-18: $13,845,738 (72%)
The Program Budget includes: The salaries and benefits of all teachers, guidance counselors, aides, monitors, psychologists, nurses, social workers and speech therapists.
- Capital Budget 2017-18: $3,010,380 (16%)
The Capital Budget includes: Debt service on buildings; bus purchases; tax certiorari and court-ordered costs; and operations and maintenance costs including custodial staff.
- Administration Budget 2017-18: $2,205,819 (12%)The Administrative Budget includes: The salaries and benefits of all professional members who spend 50 percent or more of their time in administration and supervision. Also included are: clerical staff; public information; curriculum development and supervision; research, planning and evaluation; legal services; and school board-related costs.
Budget increase from 2016-17: 3.4%
Tax levy increase from 2016-17: 2.8%
Cooperstown Central School District’s 2016-17 budget was $18,438,376.
- Program Budget 2016-17: $13,307,148 (72%)
- Capital Budget 2016-17: $2,853,322 (16%)
- Administration Budget 2016-17: $2,277,906 (12%)
Budget increase from 2015-16: 3.17%
Tax levy increase from 2015-16: 0.43%
More Budget and Related Information
The Tax Levy Limit
Your Tax Bill Explained
What is a Contingent Budget?
The Public Employee Pension System
Unfunded Mandates and Their Impact
If you need a printed copy or assistance accessing the content of any materials on this page, please contact the Business Office during normal business hours. All PDFs, forms and documents on this page are available at the Business Office at 39 Linden Ave.