It’s PARP-apalooza at Cooperstown Elementary School!
In celebration of Pick a Reading Partner Month, the school community will participate in a series of events.
The PARP kick-off assembly will be at 2 p.m., Friday, March 9.
This week is PARP Spirit Week and each day has a theme:
- Monday, March 5: Black and Orange
- Tuesday, March 6: Jersey/favorite sports team
- Wednesday, March 7: Pajamas
- Thursday, March 8: Camo or flannel
- Friday, March 9: Favorite book character
Other school events include a Classroom Bulletin Board Decorating Contest.
DEAR Week (Drop Everything and Read all week long) will be March 12 through March 16.
A special visit will occur on March 14 by author Jarrett J. Krosoczka. It’s also Dress Fancy Day!
Buddy Reading Week will be March 19 through March 23.
The Village Library of Cooperstown, the Kinney Memorial Library and the PTA are also coordinating a series of events to help celebrate PARP.
- Family Night at the Elementary School, 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., Friday, March 9
- The Crayon Carnival, Jr./Sr. High School, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Saturday, March 10
- Kinney Memorial Library Night, 5 p.m. to 7 p.m., Wednesday, March 14
- Village Library of Cooperstown Nigh, 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., Wednesday, March 21
In addition, there will be reading prizes offered throughout the month.
So grab your favorite book and pick a reading partner!
Category: Elementary Announcements